Feng Shui is growing rapidly in popularity and it is used in many mainstream interior design approaches. Feng Shui is pronounced as “fing ehway,” which means “wind and water” respectively. This refers to the easy flow of movement of various “Elements.”
Although Feng Shui evolved from Taoism, a form of spiritual practice, it is not a religion. Like yoga, it is unnecessary to promo, believe or even know about its spiritual history. Here are the absolute basics for Feng Shui Beginners, using the art of placement and design, an idea that came into existence in China a long time ago.
For Feng Shui Beginners, it is not important to get into the details, but they should just stick to the aspects of (Feng Shui homes and Feng Shui in bedroom…Feng Shui uses a design and to choose colors, and other decorating elements, be it the redecoration of a room, a house or even a building.
If you use the traditional Feng Shui, then the grid is oriented according to the compass directions. It you are using the western style Feng Shui, then it is oriented according to the entrance or the door that is used.
There are certain tips that can be used when setting up a house.
These tips are as follows:
Feng Shui Homes:
1. Shoes and slippers should not be left lying around outside the entrance door of the house. Let the place in front of your door be free of any clutter. The chi (energy) that rides with the wind will bring the dirt and the stink of shoes into the house, which causes sickness. Once in the house, the chi looks around for water to stay in. If there is no water fountains or fish tanks, then it will flow away with the wind.
2. The water fountains or the fish tanks in the house should be placed in a favorable direction or area to help your get whatever you want.
3. Fire and water crashing family problems and disagreement among members. Hence, in the kitchen, in front of your stove, washing machine, dishwasher or even a sink/basin should not be placed.
4. Chi should ideally flow around the mattress where the children sleep. The children should not be made to sleep on the floor even though it is much more sager, because then the chi is unable to flow underneath the bed.
5. Do not use a red sofa set: The color red represent the element of fire. As far as Feng Shui is considered, some places simply are not suitable for the color red. For example, the wealth area or some other sectors which without a Feng Shui check would be unable to tell you where it is. A red sofa sets gives rise to heavy work pressure, troubles and obstacles.
6. If there is a marble table in the house, then it should be removed as it increases the work pressure. Instead, a wooden table should be placed in the house.
Feng Shui In Bedroom:
7. Open the windows in the bedroom or use a good quality air-purifier so that the chi that surrounds you is fresh at all times.
8. Have several levels of lighting in the room or use a dimmer switch for the lights, as light is one of the most important sources of energy.
9 You should choose images wisely for the room, as they carry a lot of chi. The best option to use would be to keep images of something you want to achieve.
10. Keep all the bedroom doors, closet doors, bathroom doors closed at night, as it helps you to have a healthy relationship as well as helps strengthen your health.
As long as Feng Shui beginners remember the above tips, they cannot go wrong at least until the time thy get accustomed to it. A good Feng Shui Consultant or practitioner can suggest ways to improve the environment and harmony in any home or business using the five elements, “xuan kong flying star, ” color, positioning of furnishings etc…cures for problem areas and much more. Feng Shui is used by millions of people all over the world to enhance and attract good health, wealth and relationships.